Sunday, November 22, 2009

If I'm not in tomorrow...

I went to the liquor store last night to purchase products for my wife, who still likes the girly drinks in a big way. I walked up to the counter with a six-pack of Bud Light Lime and apple-flavoured Sour Puss. The lady at the counter looked at me skeptically, raised one eyebrow and said, in a joking manner, "Bud Light Lime and Sourpuss? Really?"

Feeling as though I ought to match her jocular mood, I decided to make a joke of my own. I tried my very best to look seriously confused and worried, and I said "yeah...unless you can think of a better way to seduce a fifteen-year-old". Her jovial manner was no more. She asked to see my ID. I think she was fully aware that I was older than 19, she just wanted to memorize my address for when she called the police.

So anyway, if I'm not in on Monday morning, it's because I am trying to explain a very awkward situation to Chris Hansen.

2 comments:

  1. That is a very funny and quick "on your feet" response. Most people seem to have had their sense of ha-ha surgically removed, though so it's tough to kid around these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well played sir, well played.

    ReplyDelete