Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A must-read article.

A few weeks ago...or is it months now? Time flies when you are contemplating the glorious idiocy that is a Vanilla Ice-MC Hammer show...anyway, I posted the story on the blog here when the two One-Year-Wonders announced they would be playing a show - in Utah. I suggested they ought to find a larger venue...this show was going to be, I wagered, bigger than anyone could have imagined. And so it was. I read this article over the weekend in Newsweek magazine, and I immediately gave it to my girlfriend to read - it sums up, absoultely perfectly, the aura this concert has for those of us who grew up in the age of "U Can't Tuoch This" and "Play That Funky Music" and "2 Legit 2 Quit". Now I found it online. Read this if you have even a moderate, passing interest in a show this ridiculous.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/188027

Normally I read Newsweek for Fareed Zakaria...but I'm really liking this Joshua Alston dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment