Friday, March 27, 2009

Losing weight through brute force...the big finish!







It's over! My final weigh-in is in a few minutes, and I thought I would put up the "before" and "after" pictures now. See if you can tell which is which! In preparation for the weigh-in, I clipped my nails, shaved my body, got circumcised and stopped drinking water and eating this morning. As of 7:00, I will be so starving that I will scarf down whatever food I can get my hands on, and frankly I am looking forward to no longer paying such close attention to food. I am sick of trying to avoid carbs. (I've only done that for two weeks.) I am sick of avoiding dairy products (also two weeks). I will continue to eat lots of fresh vegetables, because I have developed a taste for that. But when it comes to snack time, and I am hungry, I want to make a sandwich. Not a fish and broccoli dinner. I am also looking forward to the occasional McDonalds meal, although I am not likely going to be eating it twice a week for breakfast like before. Well. Probably not.
I started out at 265 pounds, based on my scale at home. That was eleven weeks ago. I started working out, then joined the workplace weight-loss challenge ten weeks ago, weighing in at 259.9 pounds. Today, on my scale at home, I weigh 225 pounds. Which is a 40-pound loss in 11 weeks. At 7:00, I will go weigh in at work, and see how much I lost in the ten-week challenge. I think I likely needed to lose at least 35 pounds to win, possibly more. So I think there is a chance I will finish second, or even third. But either way, I'm pretty happy with the results. I will find out the results on Monday, and my last post about this will be the final details, whether I won, and if I did, what kind of gravy-covered bacon pizza I plan to purchase with my winnings.

7 comments:

  1. That's Awesome Eric ! I know what you've gone through sort of. I was pushing the 250 lb mark about 10 years ago, then dropped to 165 lbs ...that was way to much, cuz skin was hanging...not a pretty sight !!!So I started working out and put on 15 lbs, the baggy skin disappearedand I've stayed there ever since. (180 lbs)I watch what I eat ...was a huge sandwich lover, but now it's all moderation and I work out 3 times a week....Keep with it !! your heart will thank u later (I'm 56 now and feel like 20)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Awesome Eric ! I know what you've gone through sort of. I was pushing the 250 lb mark about 10 years ago, then dropped to 165 lbs ...that was way to much, cuz skin was hanging...not a pretty sight !!!So I started working out and put on 15 lbs, the baggy skin disappearedand I've stayed there ever since. (180 lbs)I watch what I eat ...was a huge sandwich lover, but now it's all moderation and I work out 3 times a week....Keep with it !! your heart will thank u later (I'm 56 now and feel like 20)

    ReplyDelete
  3. an interview with Gene Simmon's and the Globe and Mail I think you'd appreciate: http://business.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090326.rmfive0326/BNStory/specialROBmagazine/home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eric: My hat is off to you for the hard work you have done in loosing your weight.Keep up the good work by just eating small portions and exersicing. Before you know it you will be down to a reasonable weight.Take care and the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic. Congrats! I'm inspired to do the same. I need to drop 20 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eric! you look fantastic.... you should be proud ...congrats

    ReplyDelete