Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Some Zappa stuff

Although I already put this up on Breaking Rock News, I figured I would throw it up on my blog too. A 3-disc CD set I am quite excited about. Never before has Lumpy Gravy, Frank Zappa's 1968 classic album, been released the way he wanted the world to hear it. Now it will be, along with his other 1968 classic We're Only In It For the Money, unedited and uncensored. One of my all-time favourite albums. You can read the rest of the story of the new set at Breaking Rock News, or at this link:

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/frankzappa/articles/story/26286686/exclusive_stream_frank_zappas_lonely_little_girl_single

The main reason to go to that link though, is at the top, where Rolling Stone is streaming the "Lonely Little Girl" single. It was deemed too "weird" for the radio in 1968. It's still pretty weird. And awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment