Thursday, December 11, 2008

Spinning my tires.

I just got a new car, and of course it comes with the dealer tires on it. Which are not exactly terrific. When I picked up the car on Tuesday, the dealership suggested I get snow tires as soon as possible. Or, at the very least, some good all-seasons. I have experienced the difference with snow tires, especially last winter, and I figured that snow tires were essential. So I phoned a few tire places, only to be told that the snow tires that go on this particular model of car are not available. Of course, I would pick up this car on the worst driving day so far this year, which was followed by a day that was possibly even worse.

As it turns out, I am going to have to put on a set of tires that are the wrong size for the car, they're like, half an inch narrower. Or something. I went to the tire shop that sold me my winter tires last year, and they said that these tires would work out fine. Plus, they are considerably cheaper than the ones the car would ordinarily require. So everyone wins. Even I win, although I have no idea how any of this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment