Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Preparing for Brutus the Barber

Ben McCully, as many of you reading my blog have discovered, used to be a pro wrestler named Vinnie Glyde. And I guess some of that wrestling career carries over into your new job, whether you want it to or not. And recently, he got into a war of words with Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, a wrestler (from...I believe...the 80s?) who is coming to town on Friday. One thing leads to another, and of course they eventually set up a match. It's one of those wrestling deals where the loser gets his head shaved by the winner...which is the Brutus the Barber deal and always has been. So I owed McCully a favour (or, rather, the Doc and Woody show owed McCully a favour, and when Doc and Woody owe someone, they get ME to pay them back). And he wanted me in his corner, being familiar with the wrestling as I am. So I showed up at the Team Bushido MMA training centre to help out. But frankly, I don't care too much about the wrestling. Or about Ben. So I let him do his thing. Amazingly, it was a pretty short training session. By the time I was finished my dinner, he was almost done. And I dropped one of my hamburgers! Here is the video of that monumental training session:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-WOIf871uhI

The big event takes place at the Jim Durrell Complex on Walkley Road, this coming Friday, at 8:00 pm. Tickets are 15 bucks in advance, and are available at ticketweb.ca, all Popeye's locations, and at the Jim Durrell recreational complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment