Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dude!

I went to the Rideau Centre last night for the North American premiere of The Devil's Curse, a movie with an Ottawa connection that comes out on DVD today. For the review, click here:

http://blog.rogersradiointernet.com/cynicalcinema/2008/11/18/the-devils-curse-on-dvd-today-610/

I had never been to a movie at the Rideau Centre before, and I had never had to park there before. It's one of those irritating parking systems where you bring your ticket with you, and then you come back, pay that ticket at some machine, and then get a new ticket that will let you leave, all automated-like. Which means that you have to find a bank machine because you have no cash and no credit card, and then you have to go BACK to the bank machine because the 20 bucks you took out is not being accepted by the parking ticket machine, and then you take out 100 bucks just to be on the safe side, because you don't want to have to walk back and go up that escalator and wander around to find that bank machine again, but then the first 20 you took out suddenly works, and you have to hit your bank on the way home so you can put that 100 bucks back into it so you can pay your cable bill. Or something.

But it was all worthwhile. Because when I left the parking ticket machine, I am pretty certain that it called me "dude". Now, it was late at night, almost 10:00, and I was awfully sleepy because I get up at 2. So I could have been imagining things in some way. But I am almost 100 % positive that the machine, upon printing my ticket, said "thanks, dude". I almost paid for another ticket, just to find out for sure. But then I wouldn't have been able to cover my cable bill. So I just went home, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment