Wednesday, October 15, 2008

OK, this is cool.

I thought appearing in a locally-produced short film would be good for some fun and a laugh or two. And the opportunity to brag about what a big movie star I was, for at least two weeks. I now realize that it was so much more than that! Matt West's short film, The Funeral...Again, starred Dave Templin, me, Trish Anthoine, Colin Boettcher, Mary-Jane Chisolm, Michael Dobbin, Tonya Dodds, Sarah Faloon, Peter Gindl, Barbara Gray, Warren Meredith, Richard Nash, Bruce Nicol, Matthew Peat, Zak Pike, Alain St. Amour, Anthony Stechyson, and Matthew Whitehead. Do I still have a cast list? No. Do I just remember everyone's name? No. I got this list off www.imdb.com. The Funeral...Again is listed on imdb, the Internet Movie Database. Which I thought was pretty cool. I discovered this when I went to this site: http://oracleofbacon.org/, and typed in my own name. And I AM indeed six degrees away from Kevin Bacon! Actually, thanks to producer Michael Dobbin, and his involvement in the film Stolen Heart, I am actually four degrees away from my acting hero, Steven Seagal!

Here's how it works. I was in The Funeral...Again, where Michael Dobbin played a newspaper editor. Mr. Dobbin played a state trooper in the 1998 movie Stolen Heart, which starred a woman named Lisa Ryder, who appeared in the totally under-rated serial-killer-in-space movie, Jason X. Also starring in that overlooked horror classic was a guy named Thomas Seniuk, who appeared as a secret service agent in the movie Exit Wounds, starring...Steven Seagal! I am FOUR DEGREES away from Steven Seagal! I'm SO printing up this list and putting it on my wall. I'm also four degrees away from Eliza Dushku, Famke Janssen, Scarlett Johansson, Hilary Swank, and Charlize Theron. I tried to stump this thing with some old-school actors. I'm four degrees away from Peter Lorre, James Cagney, James Dean, even the enigmatic Terrence Malick. It took five steps to get from me to Ed Wood. Which leads me to believe that there aren't nearly enough people in the movie business.

Why, you might ask, is a tiny little short film from Ottawa listed on the Internet Movie Database? Well, because that tinly little short film is now an award-winning tiny little short film. Winner of the "Best Canadian Short" at the Prince Edward Island International Film Festival in Charlottetown! Way to go Matt - here's the press release: http://www.qrpictures.com/news/releases/Funeral_PEI.pdf I'm pleased Matt won the award, and I'm pleased he has been able to show it at film festivals around the world. But I am of course MOST pleased that I am now four degrees from Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, and Steven Seagal!

2 comments:

  1. hy..nice content...
    hi.. have you ever think about doing trip to las vegas????
    i provide any info about las vegas hotelas and entertainment...
    come and enjoy this one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hy..nice content...
    hi.. have you ever think about doing trip to las vegas????
    i provide any info about las vegas hotelas and entertainment...
    come and enjoy this one..

    ReplyDelete