Saturday, September 27, 2008

RIP, Cool Hand Luke.

Paul Newman has passed away. He was 83, and lost his battle with cancer yesterday. Not only was he one of the greatest actors ever to live, he was a great man as well. He spearheaded countless charitable efforts. He was never one of those actors who made the tabloid pages with bizarre behaviour. Amazingly, in Hollywood, he managed to remain married to Joanne Woodward for 50 years. Although he may have considered that his proudest achievement, he once said that the greatest honour he ever received was being included on Richard Nixon's infamous "enemies" list. When I heard today that he had died, I immediately put on Cool Hand Luke, and I have been watching it as I write in my blog, and as I compiled a top-ten tribute to Paul Newman on the Cynical Cinema page:

http://blog.rogersradiointernet.com/cynicalcinema/2008/09/27/a-tribute-to-paul-newman-dead-today-at-the-age-of-83/

1 comment: