Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm getting married. Cause I'm so suburban.

I have a tiny dog. I have a white fence in the backyard. I mow my lawn, I weed my patio, I have two cars and two kids and hardwood floors. And now, after several years of deliberation, I am giving myself over entirely to the suburban lifestyle, and getting married. Because I am too cheap to buy a ring, or in fact, too poor to buy one, I proposed to my girlfriend on Monday night using a wedding license application form. Yes, I am THAT romantic. I got the kids to slip it into a stack of other papers that demanded her perusal. She didn't cry, or anything. She just freaked out for a while, then shook for three hours, then called everyone she knew. I, on the other hand, am going to let everyone I know in on this by posting it on my blog. You may begin your taunts of "sellout" below.

This is also my way of determining whether Doc and Woody actually read my blog themselves. My guess is they won't even mention this until Monday of next week.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you finally joined the club of suburban husbands. Now get the mop and wash the floors! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Eric. Maybe she can make an honest man out of you. Be prepared to get trained in the way she wants things done. Going along with it makes it much easier than asking why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After "I do" the next two words for the rest of your successful married life should always be "Yes Dear"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Eric!! Best of luck to you man!! I hope everything goes well!!!

    ReplyDelete