Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wait...does Paris Hilton...get it?

I promised a long time ago that I would not mention Paris Hilton and her ilk on my blog any more. Because simply mentioning those bozos in some bizarre way increases their celebrity. But this is worth it. It isn't enough to actually change my mind...I think.

Have you seen this ad? The one where John McCain has clearly lost all other avenues of campaigning, and has resorted to the tack of "look at Obama - people love him! He can't be president if he's loved by people!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo8KJNdCxWI

So McCain compares Obama to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton. (An even bigger irony here is that Paris Hilton's parents contributed the maximum amount allowed under American law to McCain's campaign.)

And Paris Hilton - comes out with an ad of her own? A SMART one? That's actually funny? No, no, no. Nothing about this ads (get it?) up at all! This makes NO SENSE. Unless she is actually...smarter than she seems? And she plays the drunken slutty moron on purpose? Or, perhaps, this was just written by the people at funnyordie.com, and they are actually smart and funny. Anyway, here's her reply to the McCain ad:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/64ad536a6d

1 comment:

  1. I watched videos, and I think that
    Paris comes off completely believable and smart too!!!!
    Who knew?????????

    ReplyDelete