Thursday, July 10, 2008

The top story on Google news!

After I got a comment about the David Lee Roth story being stuck between a Nickelback story and a story about sex getting better after 70, I thought I would check out the story rankings today. There's a Canada section in there, and today's top story about Canada - not the Khawaja trial (it was 5th), not the U.S. war resistor facing deportation (that was 4th), nad not the guy thinking about returning his Order of Canada (3rd). No, it was margarine. Quebec has decided, after 21 long, difficult years, to stop regulating the colour of margarine. They used to insist that margarine be distinctly lighter or darker than butter. Because people needed to know for sure. Even I Can't Believe It's Not Butter was distinctly different, in colour, from actual butter. The theory I suppose being that no one can read the packages. Which must have left many people disappointed when they opened the big plastic tub and discovered that what they thought was butter was actually white! But no more. The insanity is over. This was the top story in Canada today. I sure hope Randall leads with this on the news today.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if they could feasibly put out a product called "It's Not Butter."

    or "Ce n'est pas du beurre, chump."

    ReplyDelete