Friday, July 18, 2008

Dark Knight. See it.

There are few movies that make me want to do something like this. But having loved Batman Begins, I was looking forward to The Dark Knight. So much so that on Wednesday, I got up at 1:00 instead of 2:00. That was so that Wednesday night, I would be tired earlier, and go to bed earlier, so I could get up at midnight on Thursday. And I did. And that was so that on Thursday, I could be very tired, and go to bed at 4:30, so I could get up at 11:00, to go see the new Batman and then come straight in to work. And I did just that. I got out of bed at 11:00 last night, grabbed my girlfriend and her son, and we went to see the midnight showing of The Dark Knight. And man, was it ever worthwhile! For a full review, here it is:

http://blog.rogersradiointernet.com/cynicalcinema/2008/07/18/the-dark-knight-in-theatres-today-youd-better-go-1010/

The movie began at midnight, and with the previews and such we weren't out of there until about 3:00 a.m. Which is fine for my step-son, who doesn't have school. Or responsibilities. It's fine for me, because that's when I leave for work anyway. Only time will tell if it is fine for my girlfriend, who has to work all day today, 9-5, cutting peoples' hair. I dropped them off at home and headed straight in to work, stopping off at McDonalds for food, since I didn't have time for breakfast. Of course, McDonalds hadn't anticipated the rush of people leaving Batman at 3:00. (There had been three theatres opened for the midnight showing - and all three were absolutely jammed.) I waited half an hour in the drive-through line for my food. In the end, I clearly had time to make breakfast. And that is why there is no Breaking Rock News yet. Because although I got up three hours early for work, the 3 hour movie plus the half hour wait for food meant I was actually late for work today. But Breaking Rock News is coming soon, and you should go see the new Batman.

1 comment:

  1. I went to see the movie, and I also give it a 10, it was fantastic. Heath Ledger gave the performance of his life (short as it was).
    I enjoyed every minute.

    ReplyDelete