Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stupid golf.

Doc and I played Falcon Ridge yesterday in the rain. I, being somewhat of an idiot, wore my sandals. Which soaked my feet and made me wet and uncomfortable all day. I would like to blame my poor play on this, but in fact it was my lack of skill that caused me to have a horrible game. Before the game began, I had to buy new balls at the pro shop. I chose the cheapest ones they had, because I'm just going to lose them anyway. When I opened them, there was a big slash across the front that said "NOW! With improved durability!" and we found that comical. Improved durability? On a golf ball? Why does one need toughness in a golf ball? Who ever hits the same golf ball more than five times before you lose it? Can I play the entire year with the same ball? I'd have to be pretty good to do that - and if I was that good I would probably be a guy who buys more expensive balls. The entire round, every time I lost one (which was often), Doc told me it was great because the fiftieth guy who found that ball would still be able to use it. Stupid golf.

2 comments:

  1. You mean, when I played golf for the FIRST time last year and didn't lose ANY balls, that I did pretty good? Never thought of that. I never even bothered to find out what my score was 'cuz I thought I did so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! You did fantastic. I no longer keep track of my score, I keep track of the number of golf balls I start with and the number I end with. I spend more money in balls than I do on green fees!

    ReplyDelete