Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The hottest woman ever to play sports?

I'm watching Pardon The Interruption right now. On the ol' PVR. And they are calling the French Open champion, Ana Ivanovic, the "hottest woman ever to play sports". In winning the Open, she moved past Maria Sharapova, who lost in the fourth round, to take over the number one seed in the tennis world. And I realized that I had never seen her before, or heard her name. So I thought I would find some pictures, and let you decide for yourself. Yes, this is pandering to the lowest common denominator. So let's take a look.

This is Ana Ivanovic. In addition to being attractive, she is also - judging by the interviews I've seen today - very charming and fun and smart. And, unlike the Anna Kournikovas of the world, she has won tournaments and she is legitimately one of the best in the world.

Below, this is Gabriela Sabatini, the woman I remember from my childhood as being the hottest tennis player this side of Martina Navratilova. Although I did forget the fact that she once had a mullet and a milk mustache.


















Remember Canadian Olympic swimmer Joanne Malar? One of the all-time best swimmers in Canadian history, she won four gold medals in international competition, and represented Canada at three Olympics.




















Okay. Now I have created my own little version of the Doc and Woody Fun page, based on some vague memories I had when I was a little younger (or, in the case of Gabriela Sabatini, a LOT younger). I feels so dirty. I'm going to stop, mostly because this putting-pictures-up-on-the-blog thing is a pain in my ass and I don't want to do it any more. But I may return to this subject later, so I'd love to hear any votes you might have. By the way - Jamie Sale, Katarina Witt, et al, do not count because figure skating is not a sport. And some obscure golfer ranked #744 in the world also does not count. Only people at or near the top of their sports are considered. Like, the hottest hockey player in the world might well be in the Sewdish Elite League, ladies. But until he makes the NHL, he's not on the list. By the way, that reminds me. Anyone remember when Mike Ricci was voted Hottest Bachelor In Denver? It actually happened...women have weird taste too...









2 comments:

  1. Eric,
    I haven't seen any pictures of Manon Rheaume lately, but she should have NOT turned down Playboy's offer.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric, I also think Paula Creamer is right up there, and she's in the top 10 women in golf today with several wins.

    ReplyDelete