Thursday, May 1, 2008

My new favourite TV show. Taking on my new most-hated TV show.

I recently reviewed Season One of A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila for Cynical Cinema. (http://blog.rogersradiointernet.com/cynicalcinema/2008/04/15/a-shot-at-love-with-tila-tequila-out-todayapocalypse-tomorrow-010/) I made the suggestion that not only the worst TV show of all time, it might also be the worst single thing in all of civilization. I further went on to suggest that this TV show might be the most obvious sign of the impending apocalypse, and that perhaps we should all begin building our bunkers right now. And now, another TV show - one that is actually good - has made the same case. Lewis Black's The Root Of All Evil is my new favourite show on television. Mostly because I really enjoy Lewis Black. He gets two comedians to debate two people who might be the Root of All Evil, and Black presides over the debate like a judge. They'll do Dick Cheney vs. Paris Hilton, or Oprah or the Catholic Church vs. facebook. It's hilarious, terribly politically incorrect, and very smart. And last night, it all came together for me when they debated who was the Root of All Evil - Kim Jong Il or Tila Tequila?

As it turns out, Tila Tequila won. It was found that she is, in fact, doing less harm to the world than is Kim Jong Il. I respectfully disagree. Hers is a TV show where she looked for love in a bisexual way with both men and women - as Lewis Black said last night, achieving the impossible, actually dumbing down MTV. And after "Season One", which I was unable to watch until the end for fear my brain would collapse and I would start speaking in internet lingo "I need to dl my lmao lol omfg, wtf?", and I would perhaps be mistaken for someone speaking crazy-guy gibberish, and be locked away somewhere. And I have golf today. But season one of A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila is no longer the worst show on TV. Now, there is a season two. I guess she did NOT find true love at the end of season one. Which amazes me. But, season two of Tila Tequila is no longer the worst show coming to TV. No, apparently - I have discovered this through several sources - there will be a spinoff dating show! A spinoff. Of this show. Starring the creepy Italian guy in the speedo from Season One.

Which means that now, you can be famous simply by being the most annoying guy on a reality show that was created to give a starring vehicle to someone who became famous by being the most annoying person on the internet. MySpace, specifically. And THAT is the root of all evil. Or, at the very least, the Apocalypse. This almost makes Tyra Banks look halfway credible.

No comments:

Post a Comment