Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Golf sucks.

Doc and I hit up the Canadian yesterday for my first round of golf this year. Every year, by the end of golf season, I feel that I have developed some bad habits. Poor swing, poor stance, poor form. So when I quit golf for the year, I do nothing. I don't practice, I don't think about it, and I certainly don't swing before I hit the links again. I feel that this way I have a chance to lose all those bad habits, and I start at square one again to build up new ones each year. This plan works for the first shot, every year. The first swing I take is always the best drive of the entire season. Then it all falls apart. This is not the way to go about doing things. And in the end, despite one birdie, three pars and a few great shots, I shot a 103 and lost to Doc. Thanks to several 8s and 9s. I run hot and cold. Sometimes within the same hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment