Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This made me laugh.

When I created my no-snow petition yesterday, I did so on this online instant-petition site called ipetitions.com. You go there, you fill in two fields, and boom. You have a petition. Here is mine, once again, so you can add your signature to this incredibly worthy cause:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/snowover?e

When you go there, and sign it, you will receive this email, which is what made me laugh the most:

Thank you for signing the "No more snow!" petition at iPetitions.com website.Your signature is valuable and makes a real difference. Please encourage others to sign the petition as well. To do that, just forward the text below to everyone who might be interested:------- FORWARD THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS -------Hi,I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:"No more snow!"https://webmail.rci.rogers.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/snowover?eI really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your time.Thanks!---------------------------------------------Once again, thanks for signing the petition!Sincerely, -iPetitions Campaigns Teamp.s. If you would like to start your own free petition, you can do so here:http://www.ipetitions.com/start-petition

This is a terrific service provided by ipetitions! They add legitimacy to MY petition without even knowing what it's about! MY signature is valuable and makes a real difference! That's true! It does! The only way to avoid the snow is if people like me sign the petition I made! Now, tell your friends! Let's turn this petition into one of those internet chain letters, one that will bring you bad luck or kill a small child in Guam if you don't sign it, and thereby people will be encouraged to sign it and send it to ten friends...I can't wait until I see my own petition showing up in my own inbox accompanied by photos of cute little kittens that are soaking wet. They've even given you a template for the email you can send! This would be all well and good for a petition about Dafur or Tibet. But this one? I will post the link once again so you can see the petition, sign it for yourself, and share in my amusment over the emails we will all receive!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/snowover?e

Go now! Or kittens will die!

1 comment:

  1. Well as I sit here in green, green,
    Florida my mind casts back to my first year driving taxi in Ottawa
    Winhter of 1972. I survived that one,
    and you Eric will survive this one.
    I am glad you are getting the snow
    because TV is so boring that in living rooms all over the area people are so bored they are starting to accually talk with each
    "What a concept" communicating with
    something other than the boob toob
    So my wish has not come true and you get buried with at least another 100 cm
    before an easy spring and a wonderful summer. Best from golf and Pre-season baseball St. Petersburg, Florida. Cab490

    ReplyDelete