Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Inspiration hits me!

I have been inspired. Reading an interview with Moby in the latest Spin magazine, I had something of an epiphany. Moby, some of you will recall, is that bald-headed techno musician...is that an oxymoron? Techno musician? Anyway, he's that guy. He says that it amuses him to illegally download music. In fact, he downloads tons of it. But the only music he illegally downloads are his own tunes, because he has this perverse desire to see the music downloading police show up at his house and kick down his door to fine him for stealing his own tunes. I found that hilarious. So I decided to do something similar. I am going to start a grow-op. I will convert my basement into a massive hydroponic greenhouse, and build a huge operation. When the power company monitors my consumption, their red flags will go up and they will begin investigating me. The police will stake out my house as I bring plant after plant out of my basement and take them away in garbage bags in my car. And, eventually, they will kick in my door and confiscate my entire crop of...daffodils.

2 comments:

  1. Orchids are nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As are petunias and begonias. But I hate to diversify, and so I had to pick just one. Go daffodils!

    ReplyDelete