Monday, February 18, 2008

Somehow, commercials seem dumber at 3 a.m.

I just saw some fantastic commercials. It turns out that should I purchase a particular product, I will no longer need to ruin my sleep by getting out of bed to turn off light switches. And, no longer will I need to stumble around in the dark like a gomer, fumbling for a light switch without knowing where it is. Because although I have hit that same light switch every night for three years, who knows if I can find it at all when it's dark? Now I can turn on the lamps or turn them off with a remote control from my own bed! What a fantastic invention! This will save me so much worry and time. Also, I saw a commercial for baby milk formula. Babies can drink this stuff. It's great. At the bottom of the screen there was a cigarette-like warning from doctors. Breast milk is better. Ask a doctor. Are they really regulating baby formula now? Not allowed to advertise that without giving all the facts, I suppose. Now I'm just waiting for one of those Got Milk? ads that come with a similar warning. Wouldn't that commercial with rapping farmers and tricked-out tractors be much better with a little scrolling warning at the bottom? Breast milk is better. Ask a farmer.

5 comments:

  1. Mama Murphy says, " Yes Eric, that would be better. Everyone knows farmers know more about breast milk than Doctors" How's your abcess today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing nicely thanks! Tell Mama Murphy I appreciate her concern. If there is a Mama Murphy...but if you have kind of a Norman Bates thing going...then tell her to play nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet there's a Mama Murphy. Just ask my kids and their friends. And I only play nice, not like them two hooligans that call themselves your bosses. They are turning you into the devil's advocate Eric and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Doc and Woody are somehow responsible for your abcess. Who's Norman Bates? Someone Doc and Woody sent to torture you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, they can call themselves my bosses all they want, but I answer to a higher power. I call her mother...others call her Mrs. Bates...and yes, Norman Bates is the name of my dominatrix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is your dominatrix a guy named Norman or his mother?

    ReplyDelete