Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hey! Dog lovers!












These are pictures of my dog, Muffin. Up until this point, we have been calling her a toy poodle. That is what we were led to believe. I still have no reason to call her something else. But my girlfriend came home yesterday and announced she was something else. Something called a Bijon. I don't even know if I am spelling that right. But apparently she saw a picture in a book of some kind that looked exactly like Muffin here, and the caption said "bijon". Whatever that is. So now I am calling her a toy poodle, and Jen is calling her a bijon. Anyone know for sure? Wow, I didn't lay this post out too well. But I can't fix it for some reason.

7 comments:

  1. Muffin does sorta look like a Bijon Frise.

    http://www.gotpetsonline.com/bichon-frise/bichon-frise-picture/bijon-frise.html

    These are Toy Poodles.

    http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures/gallery/dogs/small-sized-dogs/toy-poodles/

    ReplyDelete
  2. bichon frisé (bee-shawn free-zay for non-french speakers)

    My buddy's wife made him get two. We tease him all the cats about his "cats". They are basically pissing & shi**ing machines.

    I call him Milhouse all the time cuz they look like his girly dog.

    You're a better man than I am for owning such a small dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks just like my Suzy, who is a Toy Poodle too. Suzy does look more like a Bichon when her fur is longer.

    http://www.babylonmall.com/holiday/DCP_0035.JPG
    http://picasaweb.google.ca/deb.whitten/Dec112007/

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way - how old is Muffin? We got Suzy at the Humane Society as a puppy. We estimate she was born Aug 1, 2001.

    I wonder if they're related?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muffin is eleven. So...I guess she was born in 1997. Not related, I guess. Also, I believe (although I am not 100% sure) that her original owner got her from a breeder of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does she have a tatoo? Registered Poodles are supposed to have one. Suzy doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muffin looks like a Bishon Frise to me, altho' is she white or sorta apricot/whitish? She could be from one of those *shudder* puppy-mill bteeders

    ReplyDelete