Monday, March 5, 2007

Motorsports World

Have you seen The Godfather Part II? No? well you should. It's great. And there's a scene in it where Robert DeNiro, playing the young Vito Corleone, walks through a market place in Sicily, and all the vendors stop him to offer him their goods as he passes through. In a surreal sort of way, I felt like Don Corleone on Saturday.

I was at Motorsports World, the motorcycle shop that provided us with the Suziki Ghost Flame limited edition motorcycle for Toys For Boys. Lots of cool bikes, and a staff that was knowledgeable enough about them to explain many things that I previously did not understand about the motorcycle culture.

It was from 11-3, and at about 1:00, a succession of people came in bearing gifts. I was amazed! Coffees, food, cookies, a cuban cigar...people are great. And then, finally, a young boy, who was probably about 9 or 10 years old, brought me the coolest gift of all. A butt painting. He had clearly been so inspired by the exhibit that I am about to unveil later today that he wanted to do the same, and had a great time at home creating his own masterwork. And it was pretty good! He had even signed it "Steven Savary", and had created a symbol for his name, a-la-Prince, and handed it to me complete with frame!

I brought it in to show the guys this morning, but then I'm taking it home. The rest of the event was excellent, as many Platinum Nation members stopped by to get bonus codes and check out the bikes. Our nation knows a heck of a lot more about motorcycles than I do.

The picture is going up on my wall when I get home, and it will hang there as I eat cookies, smoke a cigar, and watch Notorious.

2 comments:

  1. When are we going to see Steven's painting on your web site???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about the legalities of putting imprints of a nine-year old's butt on the internet...I mean, YOU AND I know it's actually pretty cool, but...

    ReplyDelete