Monday, February 19, 2007

Can you petition to have someone killed?

If I could choose between having cancer eradicated, and having Tyra Banks eradicated, I would really have to think about it. And I might not choose cancer. I know, I know, I can go do something else, change the channel, blow up my TV, whatever. But even with the TV going in the background today as I did some work on the computer at home, Tyra got through.

This is Black History Month. To celebrate Black History Month, the Tyra Banks show honoured a trailblazer in the history of African-American rights and empowerment in America. Tyra Banks. That's right, there's Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Medgar Evers, Jackie Robinson and Tyra Banks.

What did Tyra Banks do to become an icon of African-American female empowerment? Wore a bathing suit. She was the very first black woman to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Which might actually have some weight behind it in a small way. IF it wasn't being celebrated on HER OWN show!

This is why Tyra is the worst person on TV. Even Montel Williams wouldn't lay claim to breaking new ground for African-Americans. I think. I have managed to avoid his show for about three years now. But last I saw it, he would honour OTHERS during Black History Month, and never made a statement like "I was the first black man to act smarmy and insincere on TV! I'm a trailblazer!"

Oprah, sure. Sidney Poitier, most definitely. Lewis Farrakhan...probably not...but aren't there other people more deserving of praise than yourself? Get over yourself, Tyra Banks. I choose cancer over you.

2 comments:

  1. Make a butt painting of Tyra, name it "Self Absorbed", and send it to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I will...that's better than calling it "I prefer cancer to you". I think the FBI might get involved that way...

    ReplyDelete