Monday, January 29, 2007

Slot machines

For those of you looking to spend your platinum points on the slot machine on the CHEZ webpage, this may not be the best idea. I know it seems like a last-ditch sort of way to grab a ton of points and maybe win the bidding war on that next Toys For Boys key. But there are some bugs that may need to be worked out.

Doc played the machine this morning for about an hour, and lost all of his 14,000 points. So he gave himself 10,000 more points so he could keep playing. (Doc, by the way, has a small gambling problem.) He lost those in ten minutes. So I came home to try my own luck.

I lost 20,000 points. Almost immediately. Of course, for us it doesn't matter, we can't use them anyway, so if we lose 20,000 points it's no big deal. But the odds of winning anything are slim, and the jackpots aren't big enough to warrant the effort.

I am certain we WILL work out the bugs in some way, and there will be an improved, more fair, slot machine game, but until then, save your points!

And trust that Doc, the slot-machine junkie, would be the one to notice the flaw! Of course!

3 comments:

  1. I played it last night for a little while. I spent 1000 points on the 100pt pulls, giving me 10 to play with. I was surprised that I actually won a few times, getting up to 33 pulls at one point. Of course, as with most gambling, it's difficult to know when to stop and ended up losing all 33.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it seems that it's pretty tough to actually make more points than you lose at this point. The main thing is, I think we need a bigger jackpot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it seems that it's pretty tough to actually make more points than you lose at this point. The main thing is, I think we need a bigger jackpot.

    ReplyDelete