Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Polar Bear dip?

It is with a certain amount of trepidation that I face tomorrow's show. I think a "polar bear" dip should be fine, what with Global Warming and so forth. It won't be quite the icy minus-20 degrees it has been in past years. It's Doc and Woody I'm worried about. Apparently the holidays were either not very good to them or too good for them, as they have returned with a definite inclination toward sadism.

When the whole idea was dreamed up, it seemed fairly simple. Go to Mooney's Bay, jump in the water, and get out. No problem. Now they want to add a rope, a helmet, all kinds of lunacy. And they want me to water-ski! Not that it's a problem if they do. I've water-skied for many years, and I should be OK there. I think.

The main thing I am waiting on is the animal lovers. Calling it a "polar bear" dip the day after Randall did his one-minute Moore on the issue of Global Warming and mentioned that polar bears are now an endangered species should bring them out. I will be called an insensitive jerk for using the words "polar bear"...Doc and Woody will be called sadistic maniacs for instigating the whole thing. Should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. I don't see a problem here.

    1. Someone who has a poodle named "Muffin" can't possibly be called "insensitive".

    2. Doc'n'Woody were sadistic maniacs long before the polar bear dip idea.

    :)

    ReplyDelete