Monday, January 15, 2007

Arriving in style...to a commercial

I have been in four limos. The first was at my sister's wedding this past summer, and the latest was this morning as I made my way to do some live commercials for the Canada Leather Clearance at the Embassy West hotel. Although it's nice to get "star treatment", and it is one of the first times ever where I received it, it's also fairly awkward riding in a limo by oneself. Without flowing liquor or a bunch of women, I didn't know what to do with myself.

I attempted to chat up the driver, but he was not in a talkative mood. Most limo services, I guess, run until about 3:00 in the morning. That meant the only way to have a driver out there was to have him stay up until the morning, so this man was exhausted.

All in all, however, it was a rather bizarre chapter, and certainly a first, in my life of shilling products. Many thanks to Jacques at the Canada Wide Leather Clearance for going way over the top for my entrance. And he wasn't there. In fact, no one was there but me and Amanda, our technician. And the guy who slept there all night protecting the leather coats.

I do my final live commercial segment at the leather clearance sale this friday. But I'm not going unless I get flown in with a helicopter.

2 comments:

  1. Damn. I've never been in a limo. You should invite your blog readers along next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I oughtta. That way I'd at least have someone to talk to other than an exhausted limo driver!

    ReplyDelete